I discovered this recipe in the jungles of Costa Rica. Turmeric tea is a daily elixir for health and longevity. Fight disease, boost brain function, and decrease inflammation.
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Stevia to taste
Mix ingredients in a small pot on medium/low heat for 10 minutes. Stir & whisk often. Do not boil. Jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Mix 1/3 cup tea with 1 cup boiling water. Stevia to taste.
Keto Cooking Tips
- Resting for 24 hours blends flavors.
- Turmeric stains clothing, skin, porcelain, and more. Wash dishes immediately.
Makes 5 servings
Serving size 1/3 cup
- Calories 120
- Fat 12g
- Net Carbs 2g
- Protein 0g
- Fresh Turmeric Tea: replace powders with freshly grated roots
- Iced Turmeric Tea: mix 1/3 cup turmeric tea with 1 cup ice water
- Flavorful Indian Spices: experiment with fennel, cardamom, star anise, cloves, and caraway