- 2 cups Basil Leaves*
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts or chopped Walnuts (Toasting Nuts)
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (1.5 oz)
- 1/2 tsp. Mineral Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
Wash and dry basil leaves. Crush and chop garlic. Grate parmesan. Toast pine nuts on low heat for about 10 minutes. Click here to learn How to Toast Nuts.
Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store in a closed container with plastic wrap to prevent oxidation. Refrigerate for up to 1 week. Eat it sooner rather than later!
Keto Cooking Tips
- Freeze pesto in ice cube trays for longterm storage. Remove the cubes and store in zip bag. Each cube is a little more than 1 tablespoon.
- Lightly toasting nuts brings out flavor and aroma while removing trace toxins.
- *Use 2 cups of chopped basil that has been pressed into the measuring cup.
Makes 16 servings
Serving Size 1 tbsp.
- Fat 8.5g
- Net Carbs 0g
- Protein 1.5g